Just Another Day in Paradise: What in the World Wisconsin

Monday, October 13, 2014

What in the World Wisconsin

What we found out in Wisconsin is that we cannot do anything right now because of the boys, but there is a lot happening after these little pumpkins come. Actually, I am going to get DNA tested because all my issues could stem from a mitochondrial dysfunction. That basically means that I could pass it on to the boys, if it is caused from that. It is uncommon in men, so hopefully it will not be passed on, if that does end up being the cause of all this crap. I go back in April, and the doctor will start me on some new meds. One of them being a higher dose of amatriptyline. The other will be one that I have never been on before. It is an enzyme. Until the boys are born, she recommended possibly getting a zofran pump, and they are going to work on getting my insurance to cover more zofran. The goal is to slow down the vomiting to maybe once a week or less, if we are lucky. Since I have had to go to the hospital twice for dehydration and once I was having contractions, the doctor is really stressing getting the vomiting to stop. I go see the high risk doctor on Thursday and I will be mentioning a zofran pump and DNA testing. Hopefully, he will be all for it, and we can get these babies here healthy. Then after the boys are born, we will try something to stop everything. I hope that we can find some answers. This trip was a step in the right direction. I also was diagnosed with POTS. Apparently, I had this diagnosis since I was 16, but we were never informed of it. POTS, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, was diagnosed from the tilt table test. Which the doctor said, "You basically failed bad." haha. 
The doctors there were super nice, and for the first time I did not feel stupid. She said that anything that is commonly found with CVS I have. Some people just have CVS, others have CVS and fibromyalgia, and I have EVERYTHING that is associated with CVS. Finally, someone understands that I am not making it up. Well, I am pretty sure that is about it. Time for me to get some shut eye. :)
Haha. Seriously, how I feel sometimes. 

Looks like right now I will be praising Him in the hallway. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment